Terms & Conditions
The term 'Hopwood Games' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Hopwood Games - Privacy Statement
This statement sets out the ways in which Hopwood Games complies with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Hopwood Games designs, publishes and sells board and cards games. In addition, Hopwood Games publishes, and circulates by email, a newsletter. Any individual may sign up to receive the newsletter.
Identity of the Data Controller
The data controller is Hopwood Games which can be contacted at Park Business Centre, Wood Lane, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 9QR. The email address for questions relating to data protection is email@example.com.
Purpose of, and legal basis for storing and processing information
Hopwood Games stores and processes individuals’ personal information on the basis of Legitimate Interest.
The information is processed in order to:
• enable Hopwood Games to send orders of games out in the post.
• circulate the Hopwood Games newsletter to all those individuals who have opted to receive it.
Hopwood Games stores and processes personal information on the basis of legitimate interest.
Categories of personal data being stored and processed
The only personal data being stored and processed by Hopwood Games are, in the case of games sales:
• title such as Ms, Mr
• first and last names
• email address
• postal address
• telephone numbers
In the case of people signing up to receive the newsletter:
• email address
Recipients of personal data
Hopwood Games does not share personal information with any outside organisation.
Access to personal data stored in relation to ticket sales and newsletter circulation is restricted to individuals within the organisation who need to be able to either check that an order has been processed correctly or to be able to send out the emailed newsletter.
Information relating to games sales is kept only for accounting purposes, in all other circumstances information is destroyed on request. Information relating to people who have asked to receive the emailed newsletter will be retained until either they ask to be removed from the circulation list or Hopwood Games ceases to produce a newsletter.
Visitors and recipients of the newsletter have a number of rights under GDPR. They may:
• ask to see all information about them held by Hopwood Games. On receipt of such a request, and having verified the identity of the person making the request, Hopwood Games will provide that individual with the requested information without charge
• ask Hopwood Games to correct any errors in their own record of which they become aware. On receipt of such a request, and having verified the identity of the person making the request, Hopwood Games will correct the information at the earliest opportunity
• ask Hopwood Games to delete information that it holds relating to them. On receipt of such a request, and having verified the identity of the person making the request, Hopwood Games will delete the relevant information although it reserves the right to retain information required for specific purposes such as financial record-keeping
• ask Hopwood Games to restrict its processing of their information. In the case of the Hopwood Games this is most likely to be a request to stop sending the newsletter. On receipt of such a request, and having verified the identity of the person making the request, Hopwood Games will apply the requested restriction
• complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if an individual feels that Hopwood Games is failing to comply with the GDPR. It would be helpful if any such complaint is addressed to Hopwood Games in the first instance but individuals have the right to complain directly to the ICO. At the time of writing this notice, information on how to complain could be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
For further information about this statement or any other aspect of the ways in which Hopwood Games complies with GDPR, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
28 May 2018